Friday, May 29, 2009

Day 38 Harlem NY song: Cry Tough - Poison


This Morning Pat and Tom from KNCI in sacramento called to ask about the my appearence on Fox News this Sunday. I love Pat and Tom, they have helped me out so much. They are great friends of mine some of the best I have ever had. I know they love and respect me. But, as soon as I come on to talk to them on the air, I become Rockin' Randy again. And Rockin' Randy to them, is someone completely different than what I was as a performer. Rockin' Randy is the goofy college kid to them when I come on the air. I guess I owe to myself to to move on from that, I think I've earned it. Besides, a big part of this trip, was to detach myself from the Rockin' Randy character some, and see what Randy Peterson can do.

I got lost this morning looking for the New York Temple. I wound up in the heart of Harlem WITHOUT my mojo. However, I didn't get scared. I just walked tall and walked proud with my Randy swagger wearing my fanciest clothes I had . I actually quite enjoyed my wandering in Harlem. I said a lot of Hellos and tried to give some high fives. I wasn't as successful as I would have hoped. Maybe I should have bought a Barack Obama shirt, (this town definately votes different than texas). But, I did by some african soap and ate some new york soul food. The soul food in Tennessee was better. But not bad in New York.

I couldn't even get into the other broadcasting buildings to ask for a chancet to speak with someone in new york. I anticipated that would happen, but I had to try. At least Fox will hear me out.

After Anita got off work, she completed the tour for New York city for me. She really is the best tour guide I dude can ask for. She is street smart and really knows the town and is happy to show me around.
She took me to ground Zero of the World Trade center. I knew it had been a long time since I had heard much talk about 9/11, I didn't even question myself weather or not I felt anything towards that day anymore. But when I got to where it all happend, I choked up. I was with a tough new yorker, so I didn't show any emotion, I held strong, but I was caught off guard, that was a horrible morbid feeling that came all over me at once. I guess that day meant more to me than I thought.
We took the ferry to stanton island to go by the Statue of Liberty for free. It was awesome. A LOT smaller than it looks like on the T.V. but it was very powerful. I am very glad I didn't miss it. The doc that it is near by is really classy. There are some really fancy pants classy parts of New York that I never knew existed. I so a ton of stuff today.
Then we went to Wall Street. I saw the New York Stock Exchange where our economy rests on. It was like I saw where all the white collar evil looms from. I gleefully took a picture by it like a mindless tourist.
Then we went to china town and little Italy. Little Italy was awesome. Never again will I be so easily be satisfied by Italian food now that I have had it as good as I did today. We had the whole experience. We were even serenated by a couple of instrumentalists playing Italian music with a singer named Luigi. It was almost cartoony.

We ended the night early, Anita is going to run a 13 mile marathon tomorrow, and my feet have been in a lot of pain ever since Tenessee. My brand new fake chuck taylors are wearing thin. I am going to need a foot massage therapist when this trip is over. I think I actualy have walked 500 miles on this journey.

Well today I had fun, I got an experience. I didn't come up with any exciting or deep revelatory meaning, I didn't get any job leads or really even meet anyone new. But, how can I complain, I saw the coolest town in America, and the beautiful Statue of Liberty. What was not to like about today?

scripture: DnC 9: 8

No comments:

Post a Comment