Wednesday, May 6, 2009

Day 15 Corpus Christi T.X. song:Beautiful Girls - Van Halen


David Lee Roth said in the song Beautiful Girls, "I got my drink in my hand and my toes in the sand, all I need is a beautiful girl."..... Unfortunately I was with Ben, my seedy travel companion. Still though, Corpus Christi was massive compared to what I imagined. I really didn't know what to expect, but it is nice. I didn't really ever think of the beach while in Texas, but a large portion of Texas in on the Gulf of Mexico. The beach is really nice. In fact, Corpus Christi is one of the nicest beach towns I have ever seen, maybe the best, if not close.


I'll tell ya, if you ever had your doubts about Jimmy Buffet's music, don't judge until you have been to Corpus Christi, it sounds a lot better out there on the Gulf of Mexico. However I was dissapointed that even in Corpus Christi, Kenny Chesney still Sucks out loud..... go figure.


One Thing I realize is that I am not much of a big beach guy. I honestly feel time goes backwards out in the beach. The beach was nice to look at. I was excited to go but i had to buy some shorts that I got at Wal-Mart. To save money I bought a pair of shorts from the kids Isle made for really fat kids. When we got to the beach, it was windy and not that fun. We looked about town and decided, this wasn't a place I was too interested in shopping my resume around. As nice as the town was, I am not that interested in living by the gulf. When I was on the beach, I realize I get nothing done, and I don't feel that I really need the beach to unwind. This trip is an adventure and not a vacation, out in Corpus Christi, it feels like a vacation. So we moved on pretty quick.

Tonight we are staying north of Houston. We had no desire to really see the main drag of Houston, even though the Houston Rockets are pretty hot right now. We are staying with Ben's aunt's home. She runs a real Texas family home. Its out in the woods a bit and has a bit of a rustic cowboy flavour, its a town called Cut and Shoot. Its a real treat for me, I don't get much of this where I am from.Ben's Aunt was especially kind. She Told me, "Good for you for doing this trip, your livin' the dream. When you get older an' start havin' kids, you caint do this sorta thang. Good luck to ya." Said with a sweet texas Accent. I find it funny when a person with a family tells me that kind of thing, I always thought that a home and a family was living the dream.

Tomorrow I move on to Arkansas. I have been in Texas over a week, its time to move on.

Scripture: Alma 9-28

1 comment:

  1. Well, Tejas is a nice big state to mosey around in for a week. :D

    My comp from Texas was from Corpus Christi. Her and her husband are going back to tour the mission soon. Crazy, I've only been home a little over a year and one of my comps is already touring the mission with her hubby. Crazy Mormons.

    ReplyDelete