Wednesday, May 27, 2009

Day 36 New York City N.Y. song: No Sleep 'til Brooklyn - Beastie Boys


Annie dropped me off in Baltimore waiting for my ten dollar bus ride into New York. Baltimore is a lovely town, but its the murder capital of the world, not really my kind of happening. I don't think I will be seeking much employment there. The bus ride was cool. The bus had electricity and internet access.

When the bus dropped me off into the thick of New York right next to an adult book store, I grabbed my MoJo bag and stared at it and said, "Its just you and me, Lets make this kitty Purrr." Then I gave my best Johnny Cash snarl and walked off fast and ready to catch up with the New York pace. I immediately found Time Square and rockafeller center. They were nice, but I didn't feel like being in the touristville, I was more inclined to want to hang out with New Yorkers.

I met up with my contact, my friend Anita whom I went to college with and graduated doing the same thing. She had been working as a production assisstant for Fox News for a year and a half. She gave me the grand tour of Fox news. I ran into Bill O'Reilly and saw all the studios they broadcast in. I saw the biggest news rooms I have ever seen with studios that look like Disco Techs from Star Trek. It was impressive. I also learned quickly that even in Fox news they have security people everywhere protecting the employees from the haters.

As it turns out, my story of traveling across America just may be intriguing enough to do a story on the Fox network. So the morningshow in the next couple of days just may have me on as a guest talking about my trip. At this point, my journey may be becoming a symbol of hope to many and may be good material for their show. But we are not sure that the highest powers that be are sold on the idea just yet. But, we will see, I just might say hi to you from Fox News.

Anita also showed me around New York. We went to the Brooklyn Bridge and saw the bright lights and the big city of New York. We also went to a very NON touristy restuarant for Indian food and told them it was my birthday for some free ice cream. Of course, there were five other birthdays being celebrated in that tiny little place that night. We rode the subways and Saw the New York temple. It was pretty awesome.

One thing you must know, I was scared of New York. It was one of the few things about this trip that I was really terrified about. I didn't know that I could keep up, and I didn't know that would like it. I seem to be handling it just fine. It could take a lot of getting used to, but I don't think New York is as scary as I would have believed. But it is nice to have a guide with me here, it can be a very scary place if you don't know what you are doing. But if you are with someone you trust, it can be a great experience.... such is life.

scripture: 1st Nephi 8:30

3 comments:

  1. That is so cool!! Just everything. Everything about this post is cool. I want to see New York someday... I hope I can run into Anderson Cooper or Conan O'Brien or Tina Fey. That would be like lottery odds though!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Its a shame you can't have a Bill O'Rielly story to match your Jim Carrey story... I'm glad to read your adventures are ongoing and hope to hear/see you on Fox News in the next little while.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey, wait. How would YOU know how the discho techs on Star Trek look unless...unless...>GASP!<
    Randy! Are you a...a TREKKY?!?!?
    :D
    Well, we're off to go see the movie now. Mwahaha. You know you're jealous.
    Trekky.

    ReplyDelete