Thursday, May 7, 2009

Day 16 Maumelle AR song: Here I Go Again- White Snake




This morning Ben and I left the town of Cut and Shoot where on the table Ben's wonderful Aunt left us both a fifty. This kind of thing makes me feel like I am giving someone some hope, because they are certainly giving it to me. We drove out back to Ben's home in nameless piece of land beyond Gladewater T.X. It was really great to have a travel companion for a while, someone to help bounce some thoughts with and to show me some things I didn't know were even there. Not to mention being chauferred around. Now because of Ben's help, I can extend my trip at least 3 and a half days. I now owe him a chauferring around my neck of the woods, when ever I find a home, and I really hope he takes me up on that favour. Then i could be his seedy travel companion.

But now I am back on my own again.




I spent a lot of time in Texas and as much as I didn't want to leave, I have the whole rest of the country to see. As soon as I rode in to Arkansas the atmosphere changed. Arkansas doesn't have the excessive testosterone that Texas has. I went from seeing an endless supply of Texas flags, gun shops, Harely Davidson Distributers and Hooters Restaurants, to a lot Large Baptist Churches and billboards advertising being saved, and reminding me Jesus Lives. Certainly, I know I am in the Bible belt country, but it seems to be much more prevelent in Arkansas than Texas just by starring off the freeway. I hear that Alabama is the buckle of the Bible belt, so I am really excited to see it.





This is the absolute GREENEST place I have been to on the trip, its even greener than Northern California. Arkansas is known as the "Natural State", which is perfect because I am staying with one of the healthiest people I have ever known. I am staying my Old friend Matt who worked at CBS with me. He was the engineer, but now he works for his church doing missionary work and planning large events and such. He always took a sort of moral mentor figure with me in radio. He is a great guy to know, its too bad he moved all the way to Arkansas, but now I have a great friend in Arkansas. Tomorrow we got a lot of fun stuff planned which is good, I get to see the delightful town of Little Rock.





Scripture: 2nd Nephi 2:8

No comments:

Post a Comment