Monday, June 29, 2009

Day 69 Anaheim C.A. song: Story Of My Life - Social Distortion


Dissapointed myself pretty bad today. You see, I have been pretty proud of myself and work ethic this entire trip. I have barely let any days go to waste, i have been pretty productive and know that I make the most out of every day. If I ever take a break, its because I don't physically have a choice, I need to rest. Today, I didn't. Today, I woke up late. I responded to e-mails, applied more online (which really gets you know where), and I decided to try out my cousins idea of working at Disneyland for the jungle cruise job.

So I drove a late start to Anaheim to Disneyland. I found out really quick that the stereo-type of most male employees being gay at Disneyland, is true. That would be good, there would be little competition between me and the ladies.
But, I did my application and the job I applied for didn't look to be available at the time. There was plenty others, but I don't really think that I would like anything else. I don't much feel like I would want to climb the corporate ladder up there. Nothing against the place, I just feel I would be straying way too far off course. I gotta get back to why I took this journey.

Stuck in L.A.'s insane traffic all day was not the way I wanted to spend my day. I did about nothing else other than the on-line job hunt. Searching, for the jobs that I really really want the most and going to go and get. The cartoon network has a position I might be good for. We will see. As it turns out I do have a good connection with a professional Hollywood sound editor and a gentlemen who works at capital records. It looks like I have a small chance to redeem myself tomorrow, and I better take it. My time is short.

My feet dragged for many reasons. But mostly because of myself. Today, I ran out of steam. I just didn't want to do this anymore. I wanted to go to my parents house and quit. As close to the end as I am, I just wanted it to be done NOW. It was the events that played out on friday that has weighed me down, it just didn't happen the full proofed way I planned it. Thats ok. I just need to pick myself up enough to finish what I started on this trip, and know, that I really came on this trip finish strong. To NOT give up. That is the ONLY way for me to be unsuccessful on this journey, the moment I give it up. Is the moment I fail.

No comments:

Post a Comment