Monday, June 8, 2009

Day 48 Chicago IL song: Baba O'Reilly - The Who


Woke up to the sounds of the Bumble Bee's Dad singing along to the soundtrack of the Three Amigos, "my little butter cup, has the sweetest smile". The Bumblebee's (Steve) parents were great, they offered me breakfast and sent me on my way, they made me feel more than welcomed.

I had a lot of stations to hit up in Kalamazoo. I did my homework and went to them all and was done early. Nobody was really available to talk with me. One Program Director gave me about two minutes, but that was it. I don't think anything will come from Kalamazoo.

My next stop was Chicago. After the annoying tolls I got to work right away as well. Once again, everyone is TOO busy to speak with me, even after I have been e-mailing everyone ahead of time. Whats a boy to do? I got pretty exhausted in Chicago, so I saw a couple of sights. I went to Buddy Guy's blues bar, and found out that Brother John was hosting a blues jam, but only those who have instruments can join. I did not have a Bass guitar. That would have been AWESOME!!

I also saw where John Dillinger was shot dead. It was infront of a movie theatre. He shot down by a hail of gun-fire by the FBI. You KNOW WHO TIPPED THEM OFF??? It was his freaking girlfriend....... John just wanted to go to the movies....(whose with me?)

Other than that, I couldn't afford to park anywhere else in Chicago. As it turns out, the Chicago Blues Fest is this weekend. I have dreamed of going to that for YEARS. Ever since I was eighteen. But, I can't afford to stick around, I must keep moving forward.

After I felt like I didn't get anything accomplished today, I got a phone call from Kalamazoo.
Program Director: You Randy the gentlemen who left this resume and Air-Check with us today?"
Randy: "Yeeeah"
PD: "Well, I am going to pass this on to a person who is actually looking for a person EXACTLY like you. Your Air-Check is great! You sound like you could be a fun night time jock. I will pass this on to our country station if you don't mind?."
Randy: "No not at all. uuhh THANK YOU!"
PD: "No, THANK YOU!"

So thats cool, a guy who likes my stuff who didn't respond just because someone he knows referred me or because I have been driving all across the country. Also, I had another great connection from Cassie, the lovely girl I met in Boston. Her father is going to recomend me for a job opening in BYU's new broadcasting station.

My good friend Craig Berg (the Berglar) set me up with a place to stay just north of Chicago. His brother Scott and his wife. THEY ARE TERRIFIC. They would do anything for me. I can't believe how nice they have been to me and cool. I cannot describe how loved I have felt on this trip. I wish so badly I could find a way to pay everyone back. I wish I could do for the country what it has done for me. It almost makes me emotional. For now, all I can think of is, trying as hard as I can and giving this trip EVERYTHING I GOT.

scripture: Matthew 22: 37-39

2 comments:

  1. That is so cool about the potential leads!! That is cool the program director would call you back too, and so quickly. He obviously saw your potential :D Keep up the high spirits!!

    ReplyDelete