Tuesday, June 9, 2009

Day 49 Milwaukee WI song: What Made Milwaukee Famous - Jerry Lee lewis


Last night Scott informed me he is a foot doctor. This is intriguing because I have been walking with a foot brace for the past week. He took a look at my foot and told me I probably just have a stress fracture. I will probably be ok as long as it feels better. Just need to remember to take the motrin Annie gave me.

I spent the morning bugging my friends to get a hold of Scott and his wife after I left. I forgot my phone in my hosts home last night. After I awoke a couple of my friends on the west coast to track them down, they came by the house to let me in only for me to find I had my phone in my back pack. Ask me if I feel like an idiot and I will say "Yes." But, I have only goofed up once in seven weeks so if your laughing, you can just "BACK OFF!!!"

I got to Milwaukee and I hit the nearest Starbucks to check my e-mail. I got a reminder that it is my birthday by a website called, "LDS ROMANCE." The fact that it was them who reminded was pretty back handed. Its like someone shaking your hand and wiping there shoes off on your leg at the same time. I don't even know how they found me and know my birthday. But today I turned 28 and they were the first to remember. Please shoot me now.

Milwaukee had some pretty cool radio stations and it seems that some good musical acts come around here. I spoke my normal routines with the receptionists. But I met my favorite receptionist yet. Her name is Lauren, pronounced "Lowen".
Lauren: "Daaaang boy, you travel faaar. All 'dem PDs are off atta meetin'."
Randy: "Yeah, I always seem to catch them right at the meeting time."
Lauren: "Yeah I promise you thas was really goin' on though. But I'll give 'em yo stuff and it'll find its way into their hands. Are you good?"
Randy: "As good as they come honey. I mean business."
Lauren: " Ha HAAAAAghh, boy you gonna do jus fine in dis business. Where you goin' next?"
Randy: "Iowa City."
Lauren: " Well look out IOWA CITY, HERE COMES RANDY CLIFF PETERSON FROM SACRAMENTO CALIFORNIA. HA HAAAAAAAGGHH. AND ITS HIS BIRTHDAY TOO. EVEN THOUGH HE LOOK LIKE 21 YEARS OLD HE'S 28 TODAY . Good luck, it was nice meetin' wit choo."
Lauren: "Like wise."

Afterwards I checked out the miller brewing company. I did the free tour. It wasn't that interesting. I guess if you don't drink it means nothing to you. But I loved the tour guides thick wiscAAnsin accent. I then saw where the Brewers play. But I didn't have the time to stay for a game. I am running out of money, and I need to move forward. Oh yes, and I found that Sharks brewery was made up for Laverne and Shirley. So I didn't get to visit it, but I constantly had the theme song stuck in my head the entire time I was in Milwaukee. I did like milwaukee though, its pretty industrial and old as can be, but it had a little charm to it. However, I didn't feel like I was going to call Milwaukee home.

I had a long drive going to Iowa city. I stopped at a cool little fifties fast food joint on the way. I used the restroom and found something disturbing. On the wall of the stall I used I read, "911 was an inside job." Under that I read, "Obama voter" pointing to the other quote. Then I read some harsh Anti-Obama statements followed by some racist statements that lead to a statement that read, "Kill Obama." I guess I was no longer in the east coast. Its funny, the first two weeks of my trip I noticed the entire country seemed to be pretty republican. Then I noticed that the rest of the country seemed to be divided or democrat after tennessee. The east coast has a flurry of Obama shirts everywhere. I caught myself wondering if all the love for Obama was because of the person he is or his politics? Then I read the writing on the bathroom reading kill Obama. I caught myself wondering if the hate has anything to do with the person he is or his politics? I have seen a lot of beautiful things in this country. But this was not one of them. I tried to erase the dirty remarks by scribbling over them. I was ashamed. Maybe we haven't come as far as I thought we have.

I got into Iowa City to visit my friends the Parker's. They were my serrogate LDS family who had me over for family home evenings on mondays for a long time. They had me over with welcomed arms. They got a kick out of my Fox interview and watched it several times. We got all caught up and such. They are so good to me, they would have me stay as long as I wanted. I wish I could have all of my friends in one place. I will stay here for one day, I have my work cut out for me here anyway. Then I got to go to Nauvoo then St. Louis. I won't have anybody for another week and a half on this journey. I got to enjoy the Parkers while I have someone.

scripture: luke 2: 10

2 comments:

  1. GAH!!!
    I even knew it was coming!
    :(
    Sorry, bud. Happy belated birthday!
    Also, 28 isn't that bad. I can state emphatically that 28 is actually a pretty darn good age. I feel like it's a year I'll look back on and say, "I miss 28." As opposed to 23, where NObody loves you. :D

    ReplyDelete