Sunday, June 21, 2009

Day 60 Tempe AZ song:King Of The Road - Roger Miller

Not much to tell as far as work is concerned. In a city as huge as Phoeniex, I would have hoped there would be more jobs posted. Only a couple in promotions and of course a few in sales. Thats ok though, I have a good resume in promotions and I love doing that in radio. Its almost as fun as being on the air, and I think that a foot in the door would be better than nothing at all. Plus, I love the dusty southwest.

When I arrived at AZ, my good friend Karen found me a place to stay across the street from her home at some bachelor pad. The host who had arranged my accomodations is name is Nate. He is a good ole laid back surfer dude. Nate, has been nothing short of the incredible people I have met on my journey. He gave me bedding supplies, a breakfast and took some time to get to know me as well as me him.

In the afternoon after my online job hunt, he took me with his friends down the salt rive to go sit in a tub and float down the river. This was scary for me because the last time I floated down a river, I came within inches of my life from drowning. But, Nate and his friends tied there floaty tubes down to mine so I couldn't move astray. I had a great time. The river was of course filled with booze and tatoos, but, the scenary out side was incredible. Its the only river I know that is filled with Cactus around the river. It has the amazing southwestern landscape of tall mesas and swarrow and a really calm and mildly chilly river. The river was fun, but the fact that I was taken to it and was made so welcomed in the group, was even better. I loved that the most.

I had a dream when I was at Nate's nice home. I looked out his kitchen window and I saw a magnificent view. It was just past the street I saw some tall palm trees and large mesas in the background and some mobil homes inside. I thought to myself. "Gee, I wish I could live in a humble little mobil home park with some trees like that, with all my friends in my neighborhood. I wouldn't need much in my life. I don't need a large house in a posh neighborhood to be happy. I would need to have neighbors I love with love in the home. We would have some small but relentlessly energetic dogs and we would bar b que together every weekend. The dudes would talk about sports and we would lite off fireworks into the southwestern sky, for no, or very little reason at all. We would all have porch swings and our little community would be to do nothing but help eachother out. It would be great."
I don't know why I had that fantasy. Something about the southwest just gets into me and gives me visions. And No. I have NOT being taking peoti, unlike what you may be thinking. I think some times Arizona can be every part the "Land Of Enchantment" that New Mexico is.

The evening I was invited to a party with a bunch of hot singles...... It didn't take my interest. I wanted to explore AZ some. There were no sports, rock n' roll or anything going on that I really wanted to do. So I went to tempe on "Mill Ave" which is the main drag of Tempe. Its like a santa cruz or an austin where there is a lot of little wierd shops and places to eat and bars to hang out at. And lots of pan handlers. I have to purchase some tickets I reserved for a concert in So Cal to see the Gin Blossoms, because I promised and old girlfriend that I would take her. So I panhandled with a sign stating exactly what I was looking for. The sign generated some sympathy and made my Cash for Cash do really well. I didn't make all the money I needed but, I am certain that I will in Vegas. It was just fun to do that with all the other creative pan handlers roaming about.

I spent the later part of the evening thinking and shootin the breeze with a dear friend on the telephone. As I roamed around Tempe, I realized, there is not a part of anywhere that I don't like it seems. Every nook and cranny is just beautiful to me. I had a great day.....and night.

scripture: 3rd Nephi 12: 5

No comments:

Post a Comment