Sunday, June 7, 2009

Day 46 Cleveland OH song: God Gave Rock N' Roll To You - KISS


Not much I can do as far as work goes on a saturday. I just stopped at a few places in Cleveland and off I went. Once again, I got a late start, the Nyquil has been putting me to sleep.

Finally, I got to the Rock N' Roll Hall of Fame in Cleveland. Its definately a wierd building. It looks more like a science building. Not as big as I imagined but its pretty impressive. As was the price. I didn't have the finances to go in. So, I had to panhandle some CASH for CASH. This took me a while to raise the money, but eventually I got in.

It may have been the happiest day of my life.

I really have been feeling withdrawn to the childish feelings of wanting to be a rock star. I can tell from taking this journey, that I am not the same as I used to be. That maybe I was meant to do more than rock. Today, I felt like my rock n' roll muscles were fully intact. Seeing the outfits worn by Freddie Mercury, Jon Bon Jovi, Bruce Springsteen, Elvis Presely and many others got me gitty. Tears almost came to my eyes when I saw legendary guitars, records, photos, lyric sheets. I remebered again why I love rock n' roll. Its not because of the glamour, the fun, or anything like that. Its that something that it puts inside of you that keeps you young forever. Rock n' Roll isn't something I choose to like, it chose me. Its in my blood and I can't help it. It will always be inside of me no matter how much I try to deny it.

Being in the Hall of Fame, I didn't know whether I should kneal at its front door or scoff at its existance. I love it and hate it at the same time. Rock n' Roll is the main ingredient to my dichotomous lifestyle. Part religion, part fiction. But I didn't care about any of that when I was there, I just loved it.
I read a quote while I was there. It read, "If you are not doing what you love, than you are wasting your time." - Billy Joel.
That quote couldn't leave my head. I stared at it. I guess thats easy to say if you are one of the most talented men in the history of the sport. But I think maybe he is right, at least for me. Maybe this is the key to why I took this trip. Because I can't stand not doing something I love. And dang it, I know its only rock n roll, but I like it. (Rolling Stones).
My favorite part of the museum was watching the induction videos. The best part was actually looking at the letter that Johnny Rotten of the Sex Pistols wrote when He denied acceptance the Rock N' Roll hall of fame. He wrote some mean Brittish colloquilsims in poor penmanship proving that he is pure punk rock until the end. It was pretty funny, you gotta respect Johnny Rotton.

The town of Cleveland was really nice. I can see myself migrating there someday. Its got sports, rock n roll and a good market size. My kinda place.

I capped the night with my mind heavy. I went back to see Katie and she took me with her friends to a drive-in to see the movies UP and A Night at the Museum 2. Lots of fun, but I spent most of the time thinking of how I can make my trip more sucessful. I need to find a way to really get in there and start doing some damage. I know that even if I don't find a jon it doesn't mean I wasn't sucessful. But it may mean, to survive, I need to be doing something I don't love. My time is running short, I need to be doing what I love, or die trying.

scripture: DnC 105:10

No comments:

Post a Comment