Tuesday, April 28, 2009

Day 6 Denver C.O. song: Responsibility -MxPx


This morning my car was covered in Snow. I don’t even remember Rexburg Idaho having that much snow this time of year in my years there.

I went to check out my childhood dream place called Mile High Comics. It was the largest comic book store in the World at one point. The guy I spoke to at the store told me that he was there when the store flooded and they had to move to somewhere smaller. And they were no longer the largest comic book store in the world. I then found myself asking if there is an employment at the Mile High Comics chain. He responded well and said there is something. I was excited, I always thought that would be cool when I was a kid, I couldn’t wait to find out more until I thought to myself that all encompassing question. How will I respond to the next girl who asks me what I do for living. I have already had to girl friends fathers give me their disapproval on broadcasting. Besides, its too early to quit now. In fact, I will never quit.

Ohio school for broadcasting gave me some of their time to show me their facility and what it can do for me. I was pretty tempted to see about enrolling and seeing what more skills I can polish to be more competitive. They had a far better radio program than BYUI but didn’t seem to have much more as far as T.V. went. The admisistration of education spoke with me and checked out my resume and demo reel. They were really impressed, they decided that it would be in my best interest to keep moving forward. They think I really have something and I am going about this all the right way. They told me I have guts and I need to keep on keeping on. Their suggestion to me was to try a smaller market, I may not have another choice. But what they said that I really liked is that radio and television is a muscle. You got to get that experience and exercise it, and it will get better. The head of the Education department at the school said, that if my t.v. reel is half as good as my radio reel, than I really got something and I should have no problem. This of course gave me some real confidence. Finally I had someone listen to it and check out my resume and give me feedback. I left the building charged up and ready march in to the next t.v. station.

Later on I needed to pan-handle some to make up for my going over budget. I went to the open market on 16th avenue in Denver. There was some pan handlers and a lot of beggers. I gave some of the thugly looking beggers some of my money so they wouldn’t hurt me. I really should have came suited up to pan handle because when I got their I was a little scared and out of my element. My guts didn’t grant me my special powers. Plus its freezing in Denver right now, which is no good for guitar playing. But I decided to go to see the Rockies play that night which was just about five blocks from the main drag. But I went back to my car to change from my nicely pressed jeans and my long sleeved collared shirt, to my poncho and beanie, and I moved my leg like I had a wooden foot to give me that gansta walk. People went from asking me for money to asking me for ciggerettes. For now, that’s the way I prefer it.

The game was great, I bought four dollar seats and the ushers bumped me to the 18 dollar seats just to be nice. I loved it, Coors field is awesome. There is something about a baseball field that is like nothing else. It was so awesome, I had actually wish I got that girl Leah’s number from last night so I could enjoy it with someone. But then again, I would have only paid attention to the game.

After the game my friend Mark from Rexburg set me up to stay with a gentlemen who lives in a nice apartment downtown. His name is Wayne and he is a well known swing dancer in the area and he is putting me up for a couple of nights. I got to help him move some boxes for his next place in exchange for the roof over my head. He said he would hook me up with more places to stay around the country from other swing dancers. That is funny, I am glad I learned how to swing dance finally. All those countless hours of learning how to dance, wasn’t for nothing after all.

1st Nephi 13:37 "And blessed are they who shall seek to bring forth my Zion at that day, fore they shall have the gift and the power of the Holy Ghost; and if they endure unto the end they shall be lifted up at the last day and shall be saved in the everlasting kingdom of the Lamb; and whoso shal publish peace, yea tidings of great joy, how beautiful upon the mountainss shall they be."

1 comment: