Wednesday, September 9, 2009

Nine Weeks Later Seattle WA song: Waiting - Green Day

My brother had an idea. He works for the Intel Marketing Department. He works with a company that puts together a website that sells Intel products. The create videos to educate and inspire computer retail salesmen to push Intel. So My brother made some phone calls and got me a chance to meet with this company in Seattle while they were doing a gaming convention.

Having really little idea of what they needed from me, I came ready to do meaningless tasks like being a camera man caddy. That was the least of my work. As it turns out, they wanted me to be on camera co-hosting this show with the regular host Ruby. Ruby is also an on-air persona with the Golden State Warriors. She is the real deal, and here I am trying to keep up with her level of talent. Regardless, I did about as good as I think someone could be expected to do in that situation and they were impressed with my performance. They are very interested in hiring, but they have to plead a case to the higher-ups to free up some money to put someone on a salary. 

This is a good sign. This same week, KFBK in sacramento had just interviewed me to do a board operating shift on air. They pay well, and Board Operating for KFBK, is NOT a walk in the park. That is some seriously intense stuff. Nothing I can't handle, and its Clear Channel, a really big radio monster. If I play my cards right in that place, I can meet a lot of people to continue to network and spread my name around and get more radio opportunity. 

If that didn't sound great, now I also have some good leads in Idaho Falls for a radio and a tv job. I hope to be going up that way soon to meet with the employers. Honestly, if they bite first, I may just take that one. I fell in love with Idaho when I lived there, and it may be a good situation for me to start off in a smaller market where I can get more opportunity. We will see. 

I have a lot of decisions to make, and that is not a bad problem. I'll keep y'all posted.
 

1 comment:

  1. That's freaking sweet Randy!!!! Sounds like you have a lot of opportunities coming your way and you deserve them all!!! Can't wait to hear from you as to how everything goes. If you are ever in town give me a jingle and we will paint the town red and hit up the Bombay. I even have a spare bedroom with your name on it.

    ReplyDelete